PMSC Job Posting - Grassroots Head Coach
GRASSROOTS HEAD COACH
The Port Moody Soccer Club is very excited to post the position of Grassroots Head Coach in our Technical Department and looks forward to receiving applications for this position. This position will work in Port Moody for all on field activities.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Reporting to the PMSC Head of Soccer Operations, the Grassroots Head Coach is responsible for the operation and direction of the PMSC’s Grassroots programs. The Grassroots Head Coach will provide weekly feedback on the Grassroots communities, teams and coaches in our U4 – U12 age groups. You will be responsible for delivering sessions and coach mentorship through the season in alignment with Long Term Player Development. You are also responsible for identifying talent and facilitating the transition of players and coaches from the grassroots program to the Performance or Soccer for Life Pathways. Each season you will present possible changes and improvements for the program and/or technical curriculum.
The position of Grassroots Head Coach reports directly to the Head of Soccer Operations and indirectly to the President.
Within such limits such as may be established by the Head of Soccer Operations and within the normal operation procedures and policies of the Association, the Grassroots Head Coach, using sound business judgment, is empowered with the stewardship and accountability for their area of responsibility.
Position Title –Grassroots Head Coach
Planning & Budgeting
- Develop a grassroots budget with the Head of Soccer Operations
- Design and plan a yearly Grassroots Calendar.
- Monitor the grassroots portions of the approved budget, income and expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual program evaluation and reporting documents.
Grassroots Program (Community and Skills Centre)
- Identify training and development needs.
- Manage the build of Grassroots teams.
- Build community relationships with community stakeholders and families.
- Email and provide Grassroots details to all Grassroots parents.
- Plan, deliver, and discuss session plans with Grassroots coaches.
- Manage FAQ's during the season.
- Support and provide Feedback to coaches during season and self-improvements.
- Develop and manage all grassroots programs and curricula.
- Develop, direct, and manage skill development programs and curricula in alignment with LTPD principles.
- Develop and manage a talent identification system and feedback process within the Grassroots Program.
Player Development (Academy)
- Maintain a staff coach role as assigned by the Head of Soccer Operations.
- Assist the Head of Soccer Operations in the overall recruitment and identification of coaches and players.
- Promote and support prospects in the pursuit of higher-level playing opportunities within the club.
- Provide website content, newsletter content, updates and communications.
- Assist with the order, maintenance and distribution of Grassroots Program equipment.
- Identify opportunities for process and policy improvement and recommend changes.
- Ensure the completion of Code of Conduct and contracts for all grassroots coaches and staff.
- Participate in strategic and business planning.
- Attend Development Committee and/or Board meetings.
- Preference given to candidates with post-secondary degree in education, sport administration or related field.
- Minimum Provincial B-License or equivalent.
- International Youth/Children’s certification preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Expertise working with young players and coaches in the early stages of development.
- Superior Coaching skills, knowledge, and background in the game.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a not-for-profit soccer organization preferred.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of Long-Term Athlete Development.
- Knowledge of current organizational challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the association.
- Background in teaching an asset.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with volunteers in a not for profit environment.
- Superior communication (written & verbal) skills are essential for this position.
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be well organized and possess excellent time management skills.
- CRC (Criminal Record Check) required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- The Grassroots Head Coach works on field evening, weekends, and holiday hours to accommodate activities such as coaching, meetings, and representing the organization at public events.
- Time off in lieu may be exercised as agreed upon by the Head of Soccer Operations.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should forward their resume, salary expectations, and references to: Head of Soccer Operations firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate screening will be ongoing until the position is filled.