Pacific Coaching Conference 2016
The 2016 Pacific Soccer Coaching Conference event was a great success with over 250 coaches taking part in the two-day conference. The Port Moody Soccer
Club sent a total of 13 MSL coaches from our club to attend the event. Our GU14 MSL Atletico and BU16 MSL AC Select teams were also lucky to be selected
as a session demonstration teams for the elite coaches! Go Port Moody!
The PSCC offered world class coach education for both grassroots and high-performance soccer coaches. The 2016 event included presentations and clinics from three premier league clubs (Leicester City FC, Arsenal FC, and Southampton FC) and two national associations (The English Football Association & the Dutch Football Association). The international line-up was completed with the inclusion of sessions from the FC Barcelona Escola. The conference also included sessions from some of the world class coaches who live closer to home: Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club.
To see the biography of the presenters…click on this link below. http://www.pacificsoccercoachingconference.org/#!presenters/akc9v
Here were some of our VP of Boys key takeaways from the conference:
1. Leave your egos at home when coaching. I.E. It’s about the kid’s development and not the coaches’ win-loss record.
2. Get back to ‘street football’. E.g. Just play. Players make up the rules and no coaching. The Arsenal FC coach uses street football as a warm up.
3. Add a little chaos during practice. E.g. The drills don't have to be very structured. Incorporate technical drills in small sided games as much as possible. No more laps for warm-ups!
4. Engage and have an open communication with the players. I.E. Instead of telling players what to do…let the players figure it out themselves.
5. Focus the on the U8 – U12. I.E. Build a solid plan to develop this very important age group.
"As a volunteer coach, I truly appreciate Port Moody Soccer Club’s commitment to fostering continuous coaching improvement and progressing our club’s local coaching talents. I’m very excited to apply what I learned to my team and share ideas/information to other coaches that couldn’t attend."
- PMSC VP Boys (GU14 Coach) - Domingo deTorres
We hope to have even more coaches attending next year!